It’s May, which is just wild because it does not feel like we’re almost halfway through this year. But here we are, and I think it’s going to be a good month. I’m gonna get a haircut and also do all of the following:
- This month, I am going on my first vacation in about four years. I can’t wait. It’s nothing extreme, I’m not leaving the country, but I’m very much looking forward to using my vacation days for an actual vacation where I can see different things and not be in the house!
- Dr. Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness comes out on the 6th. I’m excited because it’s an MCU movie that’s been building for a while, but I am expecting to be annoyed with how they handle the multiverse. If No Way Home and Avengers Endgame are any indication, it’ll be a good movie but will probably have some plot holes that I’ll just have to die mad about.
- My boyfriend and I are planning a Mario Kart day because between the two of us, we have seven editions of Mario Kart and we thought it’d be fun to play them all back to back in one day. Because we can. Will we be sick of Mario Kart by the end? Maybe. Will we have fun? Yep.
- Curling is over, but the club is not done with events. There’s a local scavenger hunt thing that’s being held, which sounds fun. They did it a couple years ago, and I didn’t participate (I was unemployed and did my best to not do things that cost money lol) but I heard it was very fun, so I’m looking forward to it this year.
- There’s apparently a reboot of (in my opinion) one of the best ever game shows coming this month on the 23rd: Don’t Forget The Lyrics. I don’t even watch TV live much anymore but I may have to set aside some time to watch this. I remember watching reruns as a tween and really enjoying it. I think I’m pretty good at it too (from my couch).
- Last spring I got really into Harry Styles’ music for a few weeks, and this month he’s got a new album coming out. I’m not edge-of-my-seat excited, but I’m looking forward to hearing it because I do think he’s talented and I enjoyed his past two albums.
- On May 13th on PBS, a proshot of the musical Anything Goes will air! I did actually see this proshot in a movie theater at the end of March very last minute (hence why it was not on March’s MLA), and my mother and I really enjoyed it and will probably watch it again. There are a few really great tap dances, and I love when musicals have big dance numbers.
- This Is Us ends this month. I’ve really loved this show and I’ve really loved that my old university roommate and I still watch it together even though we graduated years ago. The show is known to induce tears, and goodness knows finales always get me good, so I’m expecting a big, teary. but hopefully happy ending.
I’m looking forward to May. It’s going to be another busy month but busy with fun things! What’s your May going to consist of?
And since it’s May, as is tradition, here is my favourite May. My friends and I are doing a very slow Agents Of SHIELD rewatch and man, do I miss her and this show.
That’s all for now!