School’s been hectic lately and my mind isn’t in the right state to handle a normal blog post anyway, so luckily I have this to share instead: fizzlesnoofson has tagged me for the Blue Sky Tag, one I’ve never been tagged for yet, so let’s all just sit back and relax and learn about me, because that’s all we’re getting this week. Thank you for the nomination!
The rules for this here tag are as follows:
1. Thank the person who tagged you
2. Answer their 11 questions
3. Tag 11 people
4. Give them 11 questions to answer
I like to talk about myself in a casual, non-threatening way like this, so here we go!
1. What do you usually do with your spare time?
Watch TV or scroll the internet. I always have at least one social media tab open at all times! But usually doing that is just filler for the evenings when I can watch TV.
2. If you were an animal, which animal would you be?
A cat for sure. All I want to do is rest and be warm and be with warm people. I’m convinced I was a cat in a past life.
3. Do you play video games? If so, which one is your favorite?
I don’t really play video games anymore (kind of just fell out of the habit in high school and now I find them too time-consuming) but I still love the idea of them. I don’t know if I have one single favourite game. I loved and still kind of do love Nintendo, so Zelda, Pokémon, Mario, and Kirby were all favourites of mine. I lived for those.
4. If you could meet one character from a book/ movie/ video game, which would it be?
Hmm…that’s a tough one….okay, maybe this is a weak answer, but maybe I’d meet Albus Dumbledore from Harry Potter, just so I can grill him on why he withheld information from Harry and why he ran the school the way he did.
5. What is your favorite holiday?
CHRISTMAS! Hands down. I’m listening to Christmas music as I write this.
6. How do you celebrate your birthday?
I don’t, really. Birthdays are like regular days except there’s cake after dinner. In mid-high school I realized that I didn’t really have enough friends to really throw myself a party, I just kind of stopped caring about how I celebrated.
7. Which element would you want control over: earth, wind, water, or fire?
Water because I could do the most with it. I could put out forest fires, I could bring clean water to Flint, Michigan, I could part oceans for exploration…the possibilities are endless!
8. Have you ever role-played before?
9. What’s your favorite music genre?
Pop, I guess, but that’s really broad, and honestly I don’t like most mainstream music these days. Basically, I like upbeat fun songs with catchy melodies and good lyrics.
10. Have you ever tried writing a book or comic before?
Yes to both! I’ve mentioned my book writing escapades on my blog before. The current status of it is waiting for beta reader feedback before I do another thorough edit over Christmas in preparation for the bookmaking class next semester. As for writing a comic, in elementary school I dabbled in that a few times. I’ve always liked to draw, though I’m not amazing at it. But I had a few strips that I managed to get in the dinky school newspaper (of which I was basically the editor, so it was hardly a feat).
11. What’s the strangest fact you’ve heard about something?
I’ve heard many strange facts in my life thus far. I have one friend who never ceases to shock me with some strange and nerdy fact every time I see him. But of course I can’t think of a great one right now. One go-to fact I keep in my back pocket is that the average human swallows an average of ten spiders in their lifetime because the spiders crawl into our mouths while we sleep. As a major arachnophobe, this concerns me greatly.
I know I’m supposed to tag 11 people, but I’m really too tired to do that, and usually whenever I do tag people, they rarely do it because these tags have been around for ages and some people don’t like them (which is fair! No judgment here!). So I’m only tagging a few bloggers who of course are under no pressure to do this!
And my questions for these great bloggers are:
- If you could try to play any sport, what sport would that be?
- What’s one TV show you wish you could make everyone watch?
- How independent are you?
- Who’s your favourite singer? (Or favourite band?)
- Who’s your favourite Avenger?
- Do you ever buy food at movie theaters?
- Who was your favourite teacher and why? (You don’t have to name them if you don’t want to)
- If you could immediately learn another language, what would it be?
- What’s your favourite alcoholic beverage?
- What’s one trend that’s popular these days that you despise? Why?
- What’s one bad habit of yours you wish you could kick?
Alrighty, there we go! This tag is complete and I can now throw myself back into schoolwork. If my nominations choose to do this, I look forward to your answers! And thank you so much again to fizzlesnoofson for the tag! You asked great questions!
And for the rest of y’all, if you’re feeling chatty and want to answer any or all of my 11 questions in the form of a comment, feel free!
That’s all for now!