Welcome to August! I don’t feel like July flew by, but it’s wild that we’re already at August. It’s the last full month of summer! Here’s what I’ve got going on this month:
- Season two of Amazon’s anthology series Modern Love is out on the 13th, and I’m excited. Not only is it a show from my boi John Carney, but it’s just a pure, sweet show. My mom and I enjoyed season 1 last summer, and I’m looking forward to more stories from the star-studded cast.
- The new Suicide Squad movie (with a The) is coming out. While I didn’t hate the first one, it was messy, and this second one seems better. Maybe because we all trust James Gunn. Could this be the first movie I see in an actual theater in over a year? Time will tell.
- In other DC news, Stargirl‘s 2nd season begins on the 10th, Titans is on the 12th, and Supergirl begins the back half of the final season 6 on the 24th. Honestly, all of these shows are ones I’m not wildly super excited for, but I will keep watching anyway. I don’t hate them, they’re just not sparking joy the way they used to, ya know?
- The last season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine starts on the 12th. I enjoy this show and I think they’ll close it out well. And I’m interested in a general sense to see how they work in the whole defund the police and BLM stuff that they said they’re going to be addressing. It’s not exactly comedy material.
- I got summoned for Jury Duty! There’s no guarantee that I’ll be selected to actually be on a jury, but this month I will have to take a day off work to go in and answer a bunch of screener questions. I’m very interested to see how that process goes.
What’s in your August? I’d love to know! I hope it’s a good month for you, though!
That’s all for now!