October is here. Fall is here. It’s now dark at dinner again. But I’m not too sad about it, because there are some fun things happening this month. Plus, on a job front, while I’ve had no solid offers yet, I’ve done a lot of interviewing recently and have a feeling that something may happen this month. Hopefully. Anyway, here’s what’s going on in my October for sure:
- Curling starts again this month! I’ve upped my commitment to it and now am set to curl Wednesdays, Fridays, and every second Sunday. I’m very excited to get back into it and get out of the house.
- At the beginning of the year (when I had an income) I bought a subscription for musical tickets downtown in the 19/20 season. These are professional productions, and this month I’m seeing two of the six. The first one is The Band’s Visit, and I can’t wait! It’s such a beautiful show with such beautiful music. My ears aren’t ready to handle ‘Answer Me’ live but it’ll happen! The second show is The Girl From The North Country which is a Bob Dylan jukebox show. I don’t really know Bob Dylan’s music so to me, it’s just a regular new musical. The show will be going to Broadway early next year, so it’s cool that I can see it before New York does.
- Fall TV has only half begun. October marks the second half of my beloved programming, and it includes Supergirl, The Flash, Arrow, and Black Lightning. As for new shows, I have Batwoman, Almost Family, and Modern Love on my list to try out.
- I’ve already got a fun pumpkin carving idea, so I’m excited to get a pumpkin and give it a whirl. Plus pumpkin seeds come with that, so bonus!
- Jenna Fisher and Angela Kinsey are doing a podcast all about The Office, and as much as I don’t really listen to any podcasts regularly, I’ll definitely tune in to this one on the 16th.
- Lea Michele and Idina Menzel are both releasing Christmas albums this month. As a huge lover of Christmas music, I am excited to hear them, though I do think October is a bit too early for that genre. Lea’s album, Christmas In The City, is out on the 25th, and Idina’s album, Christmas: A Season Of Love (love that Rent reference!) is out on the 18th. Both albums have some fun guest singers so between that and their natural talent will make for some good music for sure.
- YouTuber Shane Dawson has a new documentary coming out on October 1st about Jeffree Starr and the beauty industry on YouTube, and while I don’t care much for Jeffree at all, I think the beauty gurus on YouTube and their shenanigans are very interesting. I like the drama of it. It’s entertaining, and this new series from Shane promises to spill a lot of tea on the drama that’s taken over in recent months.
So that’s about it for me, I think. That’s what’s up with me. If your October has anything fun going on, I’d love to see a MLA post of your own.
That’s all for now!