Tag, I’m it! It’s been a while since I’ve been tagged in anything, so I was extra pleased when Regina5000 from Diversion3000 tagged me for The Beautiful Is tag, a tag in which I have to be creative (it’s not a problem, it’s a challenge!) to answer the questions. So read on to learn about what I think such a complex concept like beauty is all about!
1. Link back to the original post in your introduction so nominees can get a brief context of the tag. In particular the opening of this post.
2. Thank your nominee.
3. Answer the questions
4. Tag anyone and let them know – no limit on numbers
5. Tag it as beautifulistag so the creator can read them all!
6. Comment I am beautiful at the end of your post
1. What is your definition of beautiful?
Beautiful is when something or someone makes you stop and stare in awe, and for a brief second while you do so, you’re at peace.
2. What do you find beauty in (abstract or concrete ideas)?
I can find beauty in a lot of things. People, places, things. Nouns in general, y’know? Personally, though, I think concrete/physical things are more beautiful than abstract. In an art sense, I have no interest in abstract, minimalist art, but show me a realistic painting of a mountain or something, and I’d like that a lot more.
3. When you think of beautiful, what are the first four things or words that come to mind?
Sunsets, oceans, people, love.
4. What’s a song, quote, or lyric that you think sums up beauty perfectly?
Yikes, this was hard for me. Nothing came to mind quickly so I had to scroll through every song on my phone. It turns out I have ZERO songs about sunsets…so I Googled around and found this quote from Edgar Allen Poe:
“Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears.”
5. What are seven reasons why you’re beautiful?
Hoo boy, here we go:
- I’m not an awful person
- I’m kind of funny and a sense of humour is attractive…right?
- My hair is luscious (aka frizzy on bad days)
- My body is, at least at first glance, properly proportioned
- I am a responsible person
- I’m smart. Not like scholarship smart, but like, general knowledge and cognitive skills smart
- I know my style and don’t try too hard to be someone I’m not
6. Tell us about a time someone made you feel beautiful. How did it make you feel?
One time, I think in January, my roommate saw me and said “I like your eyeliner,” because I was wearing eyeliner and that was really nice of her because I don’t often wear eyeliner and it took me like ten minutes to get both wings even, so for someone to appreciate it was really nice, and especially because this was around dinner time so I had already had it on all day and it apparently still looked nice.
7. If you had to draw beautiful, how would it look?
My Microsoft Paint skills once again come in handy. This isn’t the best but y’all get the gist.
8. When was the last time you highlighted someone’s beauty to them?
I can’t remember so clearly not recently enough. I shall endeavour to do so more often.
I tag these people (who are under no obligation to do it)
So there we go! This was a pretty fun tag and I like how it wasn’t all about posting selfies or something. Thanks again for tagging me, Regina5000, and I hope my tagged people enjoy doing it. And I hope that everyone reading this thinks about beauty and beautiful things a bit more often.
Anyway, that’s all for now, so to close, imagine I’m saying the next sentence in a perfect Christina Aguilera impression. I am beautiful!