Ah, February, you weirdly short month.
By now we’re all adjusted to the new year and have given up on our resolutions (you know it’s true), so let’s take a moment to think about all the fun activities going on this coming month.
- The Newsies movie. At the end of last year, the original Broadway Newsies cast got together to film the show and they’re playing it in select theaters for a few days this month. Luckily for me, Cineplex is showing it in a few theaters in Canada. Newsies is one of my favourite musicals so I’ve already got a ticket and am very excited to see the amazing dancing and singing again!
- The Lego Batman Movie. Okay listen, The Lego Movie was pretty good and though Batman has never been my favourite, I love how sassy and silly they’ve made this guy. I think one of the reasons that DC movies so far have failed to impress me is that they’re always so dark and serious. Batman takes himself too seriously, and I don’t want to watch that. I want to watch Lego Batman joke around. I don’t know if I’ll go see this in theaters right away but I will see it eventually!
- Powerless. It’s a new show coming to NBC and it’s a DC comics comedy TV show. It’s not tying into any of the current DCTV lineups but from that, I think DC can do comedy well when they want to, so I hope this show works out.
- Reading week! A week to go home, see friends, and procrastinate the homework I’ll have sounds nice to me!
- My Quidditch team is having a Harry Potter movie night. I don’t need an excuse to watch Harry Potter, but this is a good one.
- The Oscars on the 26th…I’m behind on movie watching and I usually get bored halfway through and I am very upset that Sing Street wasn’t nominated, but I’ll still tune in.
And that’s what I’ve got going on this month, y’know, aside from the projects and quizzes and job applications… What do you guys have going on? I’d love to know what’s getting y’all out of bed in the morning, so feel free to make your own MLA post and send me a link!