I don’t always endorse drinking but when I do, it’s tied to blogging.
Yes, I have created a drinking game about blogging. Honestly, I’m half joking. This is just my way of pointing out some common things I’ve seen in a fun, lowkey teasing way. I don’t expect people to play this.
I love reading blogs. There are several tags that I go through literally every day, so I’ve seen many, many, many blogs. Networking is fun, it keeps me dedicated and it’s productive for my own blog. So here’s a silly game you can play while you browse blogs/network. Though I’ve actually never played it myself (I should one day) feel free to try if you need a little motivation. And you don’t have to use alcohol. Drink juice/water or eat a piece of chocolate, I don’t care. But here we go:
Rules: drink when you encounter the following things, no exceptions.
- You find a blog with ‘musings’ in the title or url
- You find a blog with ‘ramblings’ in the title or url
- You find a blog that posts tweet-length posts
- You find a blog that uses lowercase I (eg. then i went to the mall)
- You find a blog with posts mostly just consisting of a single link to some other website (not the same as #3)
- You find a blog that has a picture of the blogger and it’s a really bad angled picture of them not smiling
- You find a blog with a really weird topic (one time I found one about ski-lifts)
- You find a blog that doesn’t use post titles
- You find a blog that doesn’t capitalize titles
- You find a blog that has a signature post ending (like how mine is “That’s all for now!”)
- You find a blog that you’re pretty sure is just a spam blog
- You find a blog that never uses any images/pictures
- You find a mommy blog and the mom thinks their kid(s) is the funniest/smartest child to grace this planet
- You find a blog in another language
- You find a blog with a one word titled post
You should be sufficiently drunk now. You’re welcome.
This could also work as a bingo card… If you came up with your own while exploring, leave a comment telling me! I’m very interested to know what you discovered out there in the vast, vast blogosphere!
That’s all for now!
P.S. Please drink responsibly. I ain’t accountable for your bad choices.