Here I am, a lowly blogger, trying to harness any readers and the internet to help me with a mission that I’ve been on for years. I’m at the point where a part of me believes the song I’ve been looking for never existed.
Here’s the story:
I remember sitting on my bed listening to the radio on my purple stereo and hearing a Christmas song that I fell in love with. I remember finding it on iTunes, but I never bought it. That is my biggest regret in life.
At some point, maybe a year or two later, I tried to find that song again. Only I never could. I’ve scoured the internet, used every song search engine, made pleas on Yahoo Answers, emailed radio stations and much more. I still can’t find the song. It doesn’t help that I remember very little about the song, and as years go on I probably forget more. Either way, I’ve spent hours and hours looking for this song. This paragraph doesn’t even come close to explaining what I’ve done in my searches or how dedicated I’ve been every holiday season. Just trust that the struggle has been real.
This year, I’ve reached my limit. My breaking point. I’m going to give up. This post is my last shot in the dark to finding the song and if this fails then I’m going to live my life pretending that the magical missing song never existed. A minor Matrix flaw, perhaps.
But here’s what I remember of the song, and if you know it, or know of a way to find it, please please please leave a comment or contact me.
- I heard it in either 2008 or 2009.
- It was upbeat, but not a dance song. Pop-ish genre.
- I’m pretty sure it had male and female vocals, but I don’t know if it was a duet, or a male band featuring a female or vise versa.
- It was an original song.
- It was a happy Christmas song.
- There was a lyric that was sort of like “why is it only once a year that the family gathers” but that is likely off a bit. I’ve searched for variations and had no luck.
- I want to say that the iTunes album art had a picture of a fireplace but I think I may have made that up.
- I heard it on a Canadian radio station so it may be a Canadian song, which may explain why the general Internet hasn’t heard of it.
That’s literally all I remember. It’s not a lot, but it’s all I have. There are eight billion people on this planet, so someone’s got to know.
It’s been six or seven years that I’ve been hunting for this song, so please help me if you can. Sharing this post with others can also help, so please do so.
Thank you in advance for your help. Even reading this post is helping, and I am grateful for that much.