Thanksgiving in Canada is long over (and was rather uneventful for me), but I was tagged by Trish at ItsTrish to do the Be Thankful Challenge, and decided to go for it, considering that being thankful is great all year, not just for a day in the fall. So thanks, Trish!
This challenge is simple and the rules are like so:
1. Share this image in your blog post.
2. Write about 5 people in your life you are thankful for.
3. Write about 5 things in 2015 that you are thankful for.
4. Spread the love and challenge 5 other blogs to take part.
Five People I’m Thankful For:
- One of my best friends, who I Snapchat every day (and I know this because Snapchat keeps count for us). Our conversations are silly and for the most part unintelligent, but they’re fun and never stressful and I’m so glad to have this person as a source of drama-free relief in my day to talk about TV shows with. If she’s reading this, I hope she knows she’s eggcelent.
- My other best friend who is my go-to for happiness and stories and rants and everything, as we know we’re always there for each other. She’s in her first year of university right now, and seems to be having a way better time than I did, so I’m always thrilled to hear about what she’s up to.
- My mom (who’s probably going to text me after reading this with some grossly cutesy message about how she loves me or something) because she’s good to talk to casually, especially since I moved away for school and I don’t see her every day, so she doesn’t get on my nerves nearly as much anymore.
- Stan Lee, the father of Marvel. It’s a weird person to be thankful for, but in the past few years, Marvel has been a big part of my happiness and it’s largely because of what he created.
- JK Rowling for not only writing Harry Potter aka the best book series ever, but for continuing on with Potter things. I’m anxiously awaiting a bootleg of the new play (why is London so far away!) and I can’t wait for Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them. Harry Potter will never die! Also, JK Rowling is totally my inspiration. I’ve been slacking on fiction writing for about a year, but I do mean to get back into the swing of things one day…
Five Things I’m Thankful For:
- My iPhone, as it’s always with me and playing music and allowing me to connect with my friends and the internet.
- The large TV in my apartment that I use and my roommate does not because having a reliable TV connection that I don’t even have to fight for has been amazing.
- Pizza, for existing (though I’ve got a nice burn on my arm from trying to get one out of the oven last week and that’s not pleasant!).
- WordPress, because I’ve been using it for about half a decade and it’s been a blast and I’ve really found a passion in blogging. Coolbeans4 is my pride and joy right now.
- Musicals. I just love them.
Five Blogs I nominate For this Challenge:
And there ya have it! Thank you for reading this post on things/people I am thankful for. It really made me think about things deeper than I normally think, which is a good thing. People (myself included) don’t spend enough time thinking about what they have already and appreciating it, so I enjoyed being forced to. Thanks for the fun challenge, Trish!
That’s all for now!
(P.S. In case you missed it, Coolbeans 4 is now on Facebook, and I’ll be even more thankful for a Like!